- Check the date, time, and address of your exam. Your centre will send you this information. If you have any questions, contact your centre before the exam day.
- Remember to check how long it will take you to travel to the exam, especially if your exam is at a weekend or on a holiday.
- Get to the exam early! Follow the direction signs to find the exam room or go to the reception of the building and ask for directions. Your centre should send you a summary of the exam regulations, make sure you are familiar with them.
Exam day tips
Paper based exams
Paper based exams
These tips are for the paper based exam (not the Speaking test or Cambridge English: Young Learners exams).
- Bring your identification, for example a passport. It must be an original (not a copy), must have a photo of you and cannot be expired.
- Bring pens and pencils. Your centre will also give you pens and pencils if you need them.
- Do not bring food or drink to your desk in the exam room (except a bottle of water).
- You cannot bring your phone or any other electronic devices to your desk in the exam. Your centre will tell you where to put them during the exam.
- Do not bring bags, phones, etc. to your desk. Listen carefully to the instructions which the invigilator will read out.
- Do not talk to other people or try to see what they are writing.
- Make sure you follow the exam instructions. If you have any questions, need help or want to leave the room, raise your hand to ask for help.
- There will be a clock in the exam room to help you with your timing.
- At the end of each paper (e.g. the Writing paper, the Reading paper, etc.), the invigilator will tell you to stop writing. You must stop immediately.
- Give all papers to the invigilator, including question papers, answer sheets, rough paper, etc.
- Always stay in your seat until the invigilator gives you permission to leave the room.
- If you have any questions or problems, tell the invigilator immediately.
Cheating is treated very seriously by Cambridge English and if you cheat
you will not get a result or a certificate.
Please view this poster and make sure that you understand what it says.