- Check the date, time, and address of your exam. Your centre will send you this information. If you have any questions, contact your centre before the exam day.
- Remember to check how long it will take you to travel to the exam, especially if your exam is at a weekend or on a holiday.
- Get to the exam early! Follow the direction signs to find the exam room or go to the reception of the building and ask for directions. Your centre should send you a summary of the exam regulations, make sure you are familiar with them.
Speaking test exam tips
Here are some tips so you know what to expect on the day of the your Speaking test.
- Bring your identification, for example a passport. It must be an original (not a copy) and must have a photo of you.
- Turn off anything electronic (for example, your mobile phone) when you arrive at the venue.
- The supervisor will:
- check your ID
- give you your mark sheet – please do not fold it
- tell you where to wait, and take you to the test room.
- Follow the instructions and wait quietly for your test.
- While waiting for your test you can practise your English by talking to the other candidates quietly in the waiting area.
- Your supervisor will tell you where to put your bag during the test.
- If you have any questions or problems, tell the supervisor immediately.
Cheating is treated very seriously by Cambridge English and if you cheat
you will not get a result or a certificate.
Please view this poster and make sure that you understand what it says.