- You must arrive at least 30 minutes before the start time of the written and speaking tests.
Your Exam day
Important information about your exam
Your Exam day
Important information about your exam – please read carefully.
- You must bring valid photographic identification (DNI, passport, driver’s license) to both the written and speaking parts of the exam. Please note that identification documents must be up to date. Expired documents will not be accepted as proof of identity.
- You will not be permitted to sit the exam without proper photographic identification. If you do not have a suitable photo ID, please contact us before the exam date.
- You must bring a printed copy of your Confirmation of Entry to all exam components in order to check exam times, venues and rooms.
- If you are taking C1 Advanced, you are required to have your photograph taken on the day of your speaking or written test. If you are under 18 your parent/guardian must complete and sign the Test Day Photo Authorisation Form and send it to us before the exam or bring it on exam day.
- You will receive a separate email with specific information about Covid-19 regulations and safety protocols. Make sure you read the email carefully before the day of your exam.
- It is essential that you bring a signed copy of the Covid-19 declaration form to all exam sessions (both Speaking and Written components).
- You should wait outside the exam room until the supervisor/invigilator calls you in.
- Your supervisor or invigilator will tell you where you must leave your belongings during the exam. We recommend that you do not bring anything of value. Exams Madrid, Exams Catalunya and Exams Balears (Exam Centres ES459-ES439-ES449-AD439) will not be held liable for any loss or damage to personal effects.
- You should bring pencils, pens, a pencil sharpener and an eraser if you are taking a paper-based test, and a pen or pencil if you are taking a computer-based test.
- Correction fluid or tape is not permitted.
- Pencil cases are not allowed on the exam table.
- Water (in a transparent plastic bottle), tissues and medications are allowed on the exam table.
- You should notify the supervisor or invigilator on the day of the exam if there are any errors in the personal information printed on your exam documents (name, date of birth etc.)
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices will be collected and kept by the supervisor for the duration of the exam, including breaks. You may not access your phone until the exam is over. Whilst every care is taken, Exams Madrid, Exams Catalunya and Exams Balears (Exam Centres ES459-ES439-ES449-AD439) will not be liable for any loss or damage to personal effects including electronic devices and mobile phones and we suggest that you do not bring them to the exam session.
- Results: you will find information (ID Number & Secret Number) to help you access your results online on your Confirmation of Entry. Here you can find a guide to accessing Results Online
- Certificates will be available on or after the dates published on our website for each exam.
If you cannot attend the speaking test due to a prior commitment (e.g. another exam or a business trip) we will try to change the time/date of your speaking test wherever possible. Please contact us as soon as possible to request a change. Send a copy of your Confirmation of Entry with written evidence which confirms the reason for the request to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests can also be made in person at our Exam Centres on C/Freixa, 5-9, 08021, Barcelona or C/ de Asura, 40 – 2ª planta, 28043 Madrid. Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9:00-17:00h. Speaking test changes will not be accepted less than 7 days before the exam and we will not be able to change the timetable of your speaking partner.
We take exam malpractice very seriously and candidates who do not follow Cambridge English regulations on cheating will be disqualified.